We are continuing to monitor official advice and the global position on a daily basis, in close liaison with our clients and teams in all locations. Our priority remains the well-being of our people, our relationships and our commitment to the long-term sustainability of our sector.
About the schemes
We offer two training and development schemes for external applicants: a graduate programme and an industrial placement scheme. Both represent a first-class opportunity to become a Catalyst consultant but they differ in who they target.
- Our graduate programme is aimed at those holding a 2:1 degree or above.
- Our industrial placement scheme is available to undergraduates in current full-time education and seeking a one-year internship.
The application process is similar for both. It involves submitting a CV and covering letter, passing a telephone interview and successfully completing an assessment day held at our head office in central London.
Successful applicants become part of a firm offering a highly rewarding combination of practical experience with theoretical learning.
- Graduates are Catalyst employees. They are expected to continue to learn, develop skills and become valuable consultants to our clients.
- Undergraduates are interns, employed for one year. We hope their time with Catalyst will foster a real interest in pursuing consultancy as a career.
To qualify for either our graduate programme or our industrial placement scheme, you must hold a 2:1 degree or above, or be in current education studying for a degree.
You must have a keen interest in finance: we work exclusively for the financial services sector. Our projects are numerous and varied and our clients are investment banks, asset and wealth management firms and financial infrastructure organisations.
Specifically, we look for applicants with the following qualifications:
- GCSE Mathematics grade A/A* and GCSE English grade A or above
- A Level (or Equivalent) with 340+ UCAS points
- 2:1 degree or above in any recognised undergraduate degree
Beyond your academic qualifications, we look for people who will thrive in our culture. We are values driven, and we will expect you to understand and uphold our values. We promote an open and friendly workplace where collaboration and creativity are highly respected. To do well, you will need to be a confident, well-rounded character.
London is home base for most of our graduates and undergraduates but ours is a dynamic, global industry. Our work is often for clients outside the UK and we may require any member of staff to undertake short periods of work overseas.
Training & development at Catalyst
We are known for the quality of our people, a strength that extends to our training and development team. We are fortunate to have in-house experts, professional and passionate people dedicated to nurturing the next generation of Catalyst consultants.
Our training and development programme provides a first-class foundation for any consulting career. Graduates and undergraduates are exposed to a highly informative and varied training curriculum that introduces our core consulting skills including account management, business analysis, business development and project management as well as soft skills such as high performance behaviours and stakeholder influencing.
Each graduate and undergraduate is assigned a buddy: this is a current Catalyst employee who acts as a daily guide and informal mentor. Applicants also receive coaching and attend twice-weekly knowledge transfer sessions, where they can discuss and share learning.
Graduates also have the opportunity to gain relevant professional qualifications. Applications are judged on a case by case basis, after successful completion of six month’s experience and taking into account individual learning and development needs. If you can make a positive case for additional study and qualifications we will back you.
In terms of reward, graduates receive a highly competitive remuneration package and a range of benefits including:
- Private health insurance with a wide range of employee discounts
- Pension scheme
- Travel and medical insurance
- Employee referral scheme
- Active social, sports and CSR programme
Applications opening autumn 2018
We have two intake periods for applications
- 1st September – 31st December 2018 + assessment day in January 2018
- 10th January – 29th March 2018 + assessment day in March 218
If you’d like an informal chat please contact us.