We are continuing to monitor official advice and the global position on a daily basis, in close liaison with our clients and teams in all locations. Our priority remains the well-being of our people, our relationships and our commitment to the long-term sustainability of our sector.
How to prevent a financial downturn from increasing your vulnerability to employee fraud
Join Leanna Reeves, reporter at Financial Director and Accountancy Age, Nick Ludlow, Vice President at Chrome River and Gareth Evans, Sionic Director and fraud prevention specialist for this one-hour webinar starting at 3pm BST to:
- discover some of the most common and sophisticated ways that employees and external actors can perpetrate fraud;
- understand the key causes of fraud within an organisation;
- and gain invaluable insight into how these can be prevented.
Research has revealed that 81% of organisations saw fraud increasing amid economic downturns of the Great Recession. Employee embezzlement, such as expense fraud, rose by 48%, while fraud by outside third parties, such as invoice fraud, rose by 37%. With an uncertain economic outlook, organisations need to ensure that they have the tools and processes in place to avoid a repeat in 2020.
Find out more about how to prevent fraud within your organisation during turbulent times: register direct here
- Nick Ludlow has 20 years’ experience in the software industry. He joined Chrome River in 2013 as general manager in EMEA, and helped build the company’s European operations. He currently serves as the company’s regional vice president of sales for EMEA and APAC. A technology and financial security expert, Nick has detailed insight into the causes of expense and invoice fraud and what companies can do to prevent it.
- Gareth Evans is a fraud prevention specialist with over 20 years’ experience protecting financial institutions, banks and their customers from attack. He joined Sionic to develop the fraud offering within the Financial Crime & Compliance practice, having worked for specialist fraud prevention technology vendors and several tier one banks. Gareth hosts regular Sionic Fraud Talks and writes extensively on fraud prevention.
- Leanna Reeves is a reporter at Accountancy Age and Financial Director. She obtained a BA in Journalism, Communications, and Politics at Cardiff University, which enabled her to kick start a career in media by reporting on the pressing issues of the finance world.
This event is organised by Accountancy Age / Financial Director.