More than EUR 3.2 trillion notional outstanding of interest rate swaps (IRS), the most active interest rate derivative (IRD) product, are cleared every day in the City of London, including around 94% of all euro-denominated IRS that are traded globally.
Clearing expert Rob Lucking contributes to this landmark new study ‘Setting EU CCP policy – much more than meets the eye’, by Apostolos Thomadakis, Ph.D. and Karel Lannoo from the ECMI – European Capital Markets Institute and CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies) which calls for a long-term vision for the future of the European clearing market, by taking financial stability, efficiency, and market development objectives into account.
Download the study here.
You can also find a selection of news, insight and opinions from Sionic’s internationally respected clearing experts, led by Christian Lee below:
- Sionic’s KYC Managed Service for Exchanges and CCPs
- CCPs: the new too big to fail?
- Clearing Member Application Process
- Engaging stakeholders informs the migration of client clearing business
- G20 mandate – a look at the post-crisis landscape 10 years on
- Lehmans and LCH SwapClear; the untold inside story
- Congratulating APAC’s first yen-dominated IRS clearing organisation