Sionic is delighted to announce the appointment of Shelley Doorey Williams as a Sionic Partner. Shelly joins the firm to head up our new specialist corporate governance team within our Wealth Management & Private Banking practice, which is led by Managing Partner Gilly Green.
Shelley was formerly Head of Wealth Planning, Europe, Middle East and Africa, at UBS and Deputy Head of Investment Platforms & Solutions (IPS), UK & Jersey. She held senior roles in IPS, including Head of Sales Facilitation, Head of Corporate Employee Financial Services (CEFS) and Chief of Staff. Shelley’s career in general management and governance also spans oil and gas, broadcast media, fast-moving consumer goods and telecoms. Before joining UBS in 2006, she ran her own company providing advice on employee share plans.
Shelley is a Chartered Governance Professional and Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators. She has an Executive MBA from Cass Business School and holds the Investment Management Certificate. She is a Fellow of the RSA (the Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce); a member of the Personal Finance Society and holder of their Certificate of Mortgage Advice; a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute and holder of R01 (Financial Services, regulation and ethics) and J07 (Supervision in a regulated environment); and a member of the Certified Equity Professional Institute, Santa Clara University, USA. Earlier this month (March 2020), Shelley was appointed Deputy Chair of the Board of Governors of the London Institute of Banking & Finance where she is also member of the Remuneration & Nomination Committee.
Hear more in this short video
Shelley Doorey Williams says:
“Moving to Sionic is exciting: the beginning of my next professional chapter at exactly the right moment. Governance is rapidly emerging as the strategic, fundamental issue it fully deserves to be and it’s time for finance services to put good intentions into good practice. This is not a matter of fine words. Defining what good looks like and then actually making it happen is a challenge for firms large and small. I’m therefore looking forward to working with Sionic’s domain expertise in a range of technical subjects, including culture, talent and change to build out a global, best-in-breed suite of corporate governance services for our clients.”
Gilly Green comments:
“Shelley is a sector-leading expert in her field. We’re delighted she’s chosen to join the Sionic team to lead the growth of our new range of specialist services around corporate governance and board effectiveness. Her experience and background in this area, as well as the wider landscape of wealth management, significantly adds to the capabilities of our rapidly expanding team. As the industry embraces significant change and evolution, there is growing demand for our consulting expertise from clients worldwide. Being able to draw leading industry experts like Shelley into our team gives us a major edge.”
Notes to Editors
- Sionic specialises in business and people performance for financial services.
- Sionic’s Wealth Management & Private Banking practice has specialists based in London, Geneva and Singapore. The team is currently shortlisted in the WealthBriefing European 2020 Awards.
- In addition to wealth management & private banking, Sionic’s specialist practices cover asset management; client lifecycle management; data & technology; finance & fund administration; financial crime & compliance; front office business lines; group risk & capital; learning & development; operations; regulatory change, compliance & control and transformation.
- Sionic has a staff base of more than 300 professionals based worldwide. The firm’s clients include corporate and investment banks; clearing houses and exchanges; major and boutique asset and wealth managers, private banks, private equity, hedge and fund administrators; insurers and re-insurers.
- Sionic has bases in the Americas, Europe and Asia with main offices in Bogota, Geneva, Jersey (Channel Islands), Geneva, London, Madrid, Mumbai, New York, Singapore, Toronto and Zurich. The firm also has a longstanding presence in Tokyo and is currently planning additional bases in the US, Europe and Asia.
You can also read this story here: