Showcasing ‘best of breed’ providers in the global private banking, wealth management and trusted advisor communities, the WealthBriefing awards are designed to recognise companies, teams and individuals which the prestigious panel of judges deemed to have ‘demonstrated innovation and excellence during 2019’.
Led by Sionic Managing Partner Gilly Green, Sionic’s specialist Wealth Management & Private Banking practice has an outstanding track record of delivery strategic advice, business and people improvement projects for a global range of wealth managers, private banks, boutique firms and family offices, software and service providers and platform providers worldwide.
Gilly Green says:
“These awards recognised international best practice and winning ‘Best Management Consultancy’ is a real testament to the skill and dedication of my fantastic team. We are particularly pleased to win in a category where the emphasis is so strongly on what our clients experience. We’re also delighted that our new and unique suite of governance and Board effectiveness services has been called out in the judges’ citation. As experts in our field, we believe we have a responsibility to work closely with our clients, peers and industry bodies internationally to contribute to the wider development of our industry as a whole. We really are thrilled this combination of client-focus, innovative offerings and purposeful approach have all been recognised.”
Craig Sher, Sionic CEO comments:
“Sionic offers a unique blend of technical expertise with people and organisational development skill. We help clients to transition to new cultural and behavioural norms, as well as to embrace and embed more efficient processes. Gilly and her team are outstanding examples of expertise, intelligence and purpose. The whole firm is proud of them and delighted that they have been rightly recognised as award winning leaders in a high-expectation, ultra-competitive sector.”
Stephen Harris, ClearView Financial Media’s CEO, and Publisher of WealthBriefing adds:
“Sionic is not one of the largest in its category, but our judges particularly noted in their citation that it punches above its weight and has carved out a space around corporate governance. It has also developed a new Board Effectiveness Review Framework for wealth managers – an important area with such focus on governance issues today. These awards were judged solely on the basis of entrants’ submissions and their response to a number of specific questions, which had to be answered focusing on the client experience, not quantitative performance metrics. That is a unique, and I believe, compelling feature. These awards recognise the very best operators in the private client industry, with ‘independence’, ‘integrity’ and ‘genuine insight’ the watchwords of the judging process – such that the awards truly reflect excellence in wealth management.”
Notes to Editors
- Sionic’s Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice has main hubs in London and Geneva. The Practice’s partner team has an average of 30+ years’ industry experience and over the past 10 years, has delivered more than 110 projects to more than 50 clients across wealth managers, banks and private banks, boutiques and family offices, software and services and platforms. Find out more about Sionic’s expertise in wealth management and private banking here.
- Gilly Green is one of wealth management’s most experienced and most respected experts and well known as an industry and media commentator on industry matters. Her senior team includes:
- Shelley-Doorey-Williams, a leading governance and gender diversity expert, Shelley was formerly Head of Wealth Planning, Europe, Middle East and Africa, at UBS. Shelley is also a Chartered Governance Professional, a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators and Deputy Chair of the Board of Governors of the London Institute of Banking & Finance.
- Shelley talks about governance here on YouTube
- Philip Biber, formerly Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer at MBaer Merchant Bank. Philip’s previous roles include COO for HSBC Global Private Banking EMEA and Global Head of Private Wealth Management Operations for Deutsche Bank, New York. Geneva
- Philip talks about Swiss finance here on YouTube
3. Sionic’s Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice was originally founded as part of asset and wealth management consulting firm Knadel. Knadel was acquired by Catalyst Development Ltd in 2018. The firms then merged with Sionic Advisors in 2019, creating one global Sionic brand.
4. The annual WealthBriefing Awards are run by ClearView Financial Media. ClearView was founded by Chief Executive, Stephen Harris in 2004, to provide high quality ‘need to know’ information for the discerning private client community. London-based, but with a global focus, ClearView publishes the Family Wealth Report group of newswires, along with research reports and newsletters, while also running a pan-global thought-leadership events programme.
- Read more on this story here on Consultancy.eu