2018 has been one amazing year for Catalyst. We’ve more than doubled our staff base; expanded our specialist services across the full spectrum of buy- and sell-side; opened in new locations; welcomed fantastic new colleagues: from graduates to senior industry-specialists and corporate leaders alike; run leadership programmes for hundreds of banking technologists worldwide and celebrated recognition of our values and our culture as a great place to work.
Just some of the year’s highlights include:
- February 2018 – we acquire leading asset and wealth management specialists Knadel
- April 2018 – we are named as a top 50 UK Best Workplace™
- May 2018 – we announce a record year and the opening of our new nearshore base in Lithuania
- June 2018 – we officially launch Catalyst Jersey as our first offshore base
- November 2018 – we sign our first strategic academic alliance in mainland Europe, with VGTU university, Lithuania and the further expansion of our Jersey offshore base to keep pace with client demand for our services.
Throughout, we have remained hugely proud of our global impact, as continuing holders of The Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
And there’s no stopping us now. 2019 marks Catalyst’s 25th anniversary and promises to be just as exciting as 2018. Nor are we waiting until the New Year to get going. With the support of our investment partners Livingbridge PE, we are already engaged on our next round of strategic acquisitions and international expansion as we continue to scale specialism at pace.
For me, it’s a tremendous privilege to run a firm that excels at what it does, grows at a phenomenal rate and yet still understands that success is all about the people: our clients, who work so closely with us on major, complex, challenging assignments, and our staff, who constantly commit themselves to delivering outstanding work.
I’d therefore like to take this timely opportunity to send all my very best seasonal good wishes; and wish you a joyful and prosperous New Year 2019!
If you’d like to receive regular news, event invitations and expert insights from Catalyst, please contact us or register direct using the form below.
Note: This opinion piece was first published by Catalyst prior to the Sionic merger