Post Trade 360 Stockholm
Sionic Managing Partner and asset management expert Ashley Sheen joins a distinguished panel of experts to discuss trends in the Swedish fund industry: mergers, acquisitions and closures and how they impact operations, chaired by Struan Malcolm, Head of Nordic Sales at Northern Trust.
Pressure from increased competition, reduced fees, increased regulatory challenges, increased technology costs and shifting product demand are driving an accelerated and urgent review of the way the asset management industry is structured. This session will explore where the Swedish fund industry is now and where it might be heading in future and consider how this impact investment operations.
- Above trends and the pandemic have driven an acceleration of M&A and closure activity in the Swedish fund company market
- The reform to the Swedish Premium Pension System (PPM) has further accelerated the consolidation trend, as fund companies seek to create greater scale in order to defend their existing AUM
- Creating a multi-asset multi-boutique structure vs combining a best-in-class product set with a strong distribution channel
- At the operations level, duplication in the market creating high long-term bottom line cost overhang
- Acquiring managers are challenged with inheriting different forms of operating models with different service providers – streamlining these and remaining competitive when new asset managers are rapidly growing with a model they just built on a blank sheet of paper with the latest technology
To find out more about this event, please visit the PostTrade 360 Stockholm site.