Signals is Sionic’s thought leadership networking service. Through surveys and forums, it brings together those with strategic roles to share experiences, discuss common challenges to enrich their planning and development activities.
The Asset Management practice has developed the first community aimed at CTOs, CIOs, Heads of Technology, CDOs, COOs with technology responsibilities with topics selected by the participants.
We are observing growing interest among the asset management community in the ever-evolving Managed Data Services in both market data management and operational (IBOR / ABOR) data divisions. Insight into both Buy Side & Sell Side trends will be obtained from survey findings with the aim to explore:
- The breadth of provider services available
- Current usage of MDS by asset managers and demand for future use
- The extent to which MDS can solve asset managers’ data challenges
Snowflake – a new dawn for data
We are seeing surging demand for the data platform; it is cloud agnostic and can be used instead of or in conjunction with cloud providers’ native tools and services. We will be looking at:
- The extent of usage of Snowflake by asset managers, owners, and their service providers
- How Snowflake is being used and for what use cases
- What benefits are being and could be derived.
Operational Resilience: are you prepared?
With increased regulatory attention, Operational Resilience is becoming a growing point of focus across the Asset Management industry. This has been further accelerated by the challenges of the past 12 months and as firms strategise for 2021, and beyond. This forum explored a number of key themes relating to Operational Resilience from a technology perspective:
- Operational Resilience Programme state of readiness
- Key threats to your Operational Resilience
- Identifying potential material harms, e.g. cyber attack
- Embedding better resilience and oversight, including home working
- The future of Business Continuity Plans, including Disaster Recovery
- Determining the scope across your ecosystem, including key supplier
The Evolution of the IT Function
- The extent that firms introduce business-enabled IT
- How firms managing the inherent risks
- How the IT function is adapting to ensure it is a service-orientated, business enabler
- The potential impact and evolution on the IT organisational structure and the sourcing of IT professionals: is IT becoming more federated?
Data Governance 2.0 and Modern Data Solutions
- Exploring the extent of adoption of different solutions and data governance frameworks
- What has been implemented by asset managers to-date
- Levels of success
- Lessons learnt
To find out more about Sionic Signals, please contact Clare Vincent-Silk.
Good data governance – a marathon, not a sprint
Establishing a good data framework is essential for efficiency – unfortunately, that’s not as easy as it sounds
Sionic Signals – insight on our Operational Resilience asset management survey and forum findings
Cyber attack tops the list of the asset industry’s concerns – and COVID 19 has been a wake up call for firms
Sionic Signals – survey results on the evolution of the IT function
Our sample study shows 93% of asset managers developing software solutions outside the IT function. How do firms manage this business-developed IT and address the operational risk?
Sionic Signals latest forum: Snowflake and the evolution of citizen developer
The latest Sionic Signals forum exploring the adoption levels, use cases and benefits of Snowflake stimulated considerable interest, with 23 asset managers attending, as well as contributing to the initial survey (conducted prior to the forum to provide insights for the discussion).