Leading Wealth Management & Private Banking industry consultancy, Sionic, has joined the ranks of an elite global group who have been handed the honour of winning a WealthBriefing Award. This is the third time in three years that Sionic has either won or been shortlisted for the best team award.
Showcasing ‘best of breed’ in the European region, the awards have been designed to recognise outstanding organisations grouped by specialism and geography which the prestigious panel of independent judges deemed to have ‘demonstrated innovation and excellence during the last year’.
Each of these categories is highly contested and is subject to a rigorous process before the ultimate winner is selected by the judges. It is this process that makes WealthBriefing awards so prized amongst winners.
The WealthBriefing European Awards are part of a global programme run by WealthBriefing and its sister publications WealthBriefingAsia and Family Wealth Report, encompassing all of the world’s major wealth management centres.
Participants around the world recognise that winning awards is particularly important in these challenging times as it gives clients reassurance in the solidity and sustainability of the winner’s business and operating model.
Commenting on their decision to name Sionic as ‘Best Management Consultancy’, the judges said:
“The winner is a fast growing and innovative customer centric business that receives very positive feedback from its client base. Additionally, the judging panel were impressed with Sionic’s thought leadership and identification of industry themes.”
Sionic’s specialist Wealth Management & Private Banking practice has an outstanding track record of delivering strategic advice, business and people improvement projects for a global range of wealth managers, private banks, boutique firms and family offices, software and service providers and platform providers worldwide. The team were highly commended in the 2021 awards, having also won the ‘Best Management Consultancy’ 2020 award.
ClearView Financial Media’s CEO, and Publisher of WealthBriefing, Stephen Harris, was first to extend his congratulations to all the winners. He said:
“The organisations and individuals who triumphed in these awards are all worthy winners, and I would like to extend my heartiest congratulations to the winners and to those who have put so much work into each winning submission.
These awards were independently and expertly judged solely on the basis of entrants’ submissions and their response to a number of specific questions, which were answered by focusing on the client experience rather than purely quantitative performance metrics. That is a unique, and I believe, compelling feature. These awards recognise the very best operators in European wealth management, with ‘independence’, ‘integrity’ and ‘genuine insight’ the watchwords of the judging process – such that the awards truly reflect excellence in European wealth management.”
– ENDS –
NOTES TO EDITORS
- About Sionic
Sionic’s Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice has main hubs in London, Jersey Channel Islands and Geneva. Over the past 10 years, the practice has delivered more than 150 projects to more than 50 clients across wealth managers, banks and private banks, boutiques and family offices, software and services and platforms. The leadership team includes:
- Philip Biber, formerly Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer at MBaer Merchant Bank. Philip’s previous roles include COO for HSBC Global Private Banking EMEA and Global Head of Private Wealth Management Operations for Deutsche Bank, New Jersey. Geneva
- Philip talks about Swiss finance here on YouTube
- Scott Lee, formerly Investment Management Director in the Wealth & Asset Management Practice at accountancy firm KPMG. Scott has also held senior roles at CitiGroup, Genpact, Aviva and Aegon Asset Management.
- Scott discusses Operational Resilience in his latest whitepaper.
Sionic’s Wealth Management & Private Banking Practice was originally founded as part of asset and wealth management consulting firm Knadel. Knadel was acquired by Catalyst Development Ltd in 2018. The firms then merged with Sionic Advisors in 2019, creating one global Sionic brand. In December 2021, Sionic became part of the Davies Group.
Sionic is a multi-award winning firm and is regularly part of key industry awards including:
- Sionic Shortlisted in the 2022 WealthBriefing European Awards
- Financial Times Names Sionic as one of UK’s Top Consulting Firms 2022
- Sionic CMO Shortlisted for CityWealth Award 2022
- Sionic Wins at Wealth: WealthBriefing European Awards 2021
- Sionic Scores a Double Shortlisting in the Inaugural Asset Servicing Times Industry Excellence Awards 2021
- Sionic Wins Best Management Consultancy at the WealthBriefing European Awards 2020
- About ClearView Financial Media Ltd (“ClearView”)
ClearView Financial Media was founded by Chief Executive, Stephen Harris in 2004, to provide high quality ‘need to know’ information for the discerning private client community. London-based, but with a truly global focus, ClearView publishes the WealthBriefing group of newswires, along with research reports and newsletters, while also running a pan-global thought-leadership events and awards programme.
You can also read this story here: